Subject: Re: Bitcoin v0.1 released

From: "Dustin D. Trammell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 21:40:58 -0600

On Tue, 2009-01-13 at 02:33 +0800, Satoshi Nakamoto wrote:
> Be sure to upgrade to v0.1.3 if you haven't already.  This version
> has really stabilized things.

Two issues with upgrading:

When closing my previous version (help said 0.1.1 but I think it was
really 0.1.0), the process did not exit.  The UI exited but the process
remained.  I had to manually kill the process before I was able to start
version 0.1.3.

Upon opening version 0.1.3, all four of my transaction entries still say
'unconfirmed', but now the Descriptions say 'Generated (not accepted)'.
Does this mean that some other node had extended the chain first and my
coins were generated in a dead branch?  If so, why did the previous
instance of the software not detect this immediately and begin
generating coins in the winning branch?  Bug in 0.1.0?

I'll watch this instance and see how it goes...

Thanks,

-- 
Dustin D. Trammell
[email-masked]
http://www.dustintrammell.com